Reports directly to the CFO and works side by side with the Commercial Analyst and General Accounting functions. Will interact regularly with offsite Plant Management teams and local Manufacturing, Engineering, and Procurement functions.
Major Responsibilities and Tasks:
- Month end closing responsibility for manufacturing variances and plant accruals.
- Forecast - forecast plant performance and spending based off projected load; forecast OT and other extra costs in times of high volume; analyze variable vs. fixed spending to understand if we are spending wisely.
- Budget - work with Jeff and take sales and orders forecast and convert to CM and GM (Kim will handle the commercial side).
- Work with Procurement and Manufacturing to drive analysis to reveal cost improvement opportunities and be gatekeeper for cost improvement program; track and report plant productivity and other TCCP initiatives.
- Standard cost updates - ability to review and recommend updates for BOM's, routes, raw materials price updates, and calculation of plant overhead rates.
- Active role in leading plant physical inventories.
- Other responsibilities as assigned.
- Degree in Accounting or Finance; CPA/CMA a plus as is public accounting audit experience.
- 5+ years relevant accounting experience with 2 years manufacturing costing experience; solid understanding of standard costing basics (labor routes, BOM's, overhead application).
- Experience in detailed cost variance analysis, GL close, PL budgeting, and forecasting.
- Solid fundamental GAAP and IFRS understanding and able to apply to daily business and accounting activities.
- Experience in performing/coordinating physical inventory counts and count variance analysis.
- Advanced excel skills (pivot tables, vlookups); Access/SQL skills a plus.
- Ability to work under tight deadlines and overtime when necessary.
- Confident and ability to assert themselves with uncompromising ethics.
- Experience with ERP systems (MS Dynamics as plus).
- Ability to travel domestically approximately 15-20 days annually.